Out on a dike

Out on a dike phr. [mid 19-C] (US) going out in one's best clothes. [DIKED DOWN] I'm out as a dyke, occasionally out with a dyke. What I do when I'm out on a dike can become your business once I write about it here.

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Eurovision

We failed to predict the winning song in our house, but overall the British public got the top two countries right, giving 12 points to Greece and 10 points to Malta. Romania took third place, a real surprise to my ears! Israel was close behind in fourth.

Votes in our household gave the top spots to:
  1. Israel
  2. Spain/Malta/Bosnia & Herzegovina/Latvia (equal points)
  3. Greece
There was a definite plethora of drums and bhangra beat this year, but the anthemic ballad can still pick up strong votes and it was a relief to come across one or two. Maybe more countries should go down this route next year. The UK, of course, is unlikely to win ever again.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home