Out on a dike

Out on a dike phr. [mid 19-C] (US) going out in one's best clothes. [DIKED DOWN] I'm out as a dyke, occasionally out with a dyke. What I do when I'm out on a dike can become your business once I write about it here.

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Fantasy Fortunes

I downloaded my WeeMee from Friends Reunited to my mobile phone recently. So I've decided my
alter-ego deserves to have a few adventures - to get out there and see some of the world, some of the places I've seen and possibly others I haven't. The Grand Canyon is top of the list of places already visited.

It's lucky I'd thought ahead and provided a feline companion to ensure my WeeMee traveller isn't too lonely out there. It's also a form of dedication to Bradley, a lovely grey cat who adopted this house as his home and decided to share the best years of his life with us. He sadly departed this world in January 2004.

Actually, the cat friends on Friends Reunited only come in grey. The owners (soon to be ITV, as announced just last week, I'm so up on my dot com current affairs!) might want to consider a new feature - "Select and colour a pet". But at least I'm happy with this one colour choice. Bradley will never let my WeeMee down.

Where shall I send WeeMee next? It could be like the National Lottery Jet Set. Keep living the luxury lifestyle for as long as you can in a new location each week. Without Eamonn Holmes, of course - which is maybe not a bad thing. Living a life of fantasy, on the other hand, can be a good thing. Especially when you feel you've been chained to a desk for the past few months and know you're not going to travel anywhere too soon.

My head is freshly shaved today. It's the least I could do knowing that Curtis Bickham over at Head-Liner.com has just this week reproduced my essay - A Woman Shaved: a sign of what? - in his latest online volume of head-shaving stories. It's a volume all about women, too.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home