Out on a dike

Out on a dike phr. [mid 19-C] (US) going out in one's best clothes. [DIKED DOWN] I'm out as a dyke, occasionally out with a dyke. What I do when I'm out on a dike can become your business once I write about it here.

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Celebrity Everything

My first post of 2006 and I've been feeling quite happy this week. Going back to work has involved no growling or roaring. Later in the year I'm sure there will be instances, but for now I'm enjoying the fact that the first week of January has felt like a 'bonus week' - a chance to get some things done before the whole country winds itself up to full-strength action and demands.

Of course I could just be pleased that a new rash of celebrity reality TV viewing is beginning. Having enjoyed such success in 2005, personally helping to vote Carol Thatcher through to Queen of the Jungle and Shayne Ward to the X Factor Number One spot (although Brenda really deserved to be in the final), I wonder who will receive my support this year. I'm not too sure how much of Celebrity Big Brother I will be watching, but Soapstar Superstar has already received my vote. Shame there isn't a voting option to remove judge Cilla Black, however! Next Saturday there's also Dancing on Ice, an ITV ice dancing version of BBC's Strictly Come Dancing. How can I not watch, given the Nottingham heritage of Torvill and Dean?

Talking of celebrity heritage, I was introduced to the My Heritage face recognition tool by a fellow blogger and obviously couldn't resist uploading my own photo to find out which celebrities I most resemble. Here are the results:


  • Tarja Halonen 64%

  • Kristen Nygaard 61%

  • Nicole Kidman 58%

  • Britney Spears 55%

  • Hilary Swank 55%

  • Meryl Streep 54%

  • Julianne Moore 53%

  • Diana Princess of Wales 51%

  • Eddie Murphy 51%

  • Anna Lindh 51%


I now think I need to give serious consideration to becoming a Scandinavian politician. Then again, there's just as much chance I could be a movie star. I'll definitely leave the Princess thing well alone. The best thing is I'm feeling pretty swanky myself since seeing Hilary Swank's name in that list ;-)

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 7:43 pm, January 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hahaha. You've got some great ones there: I mean, Nicole Kidman! But then along comes Eddie Murphy...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home