Out on a dike

Out on a dike phr. [mid 19-C] (US) going out in one's best clothes. [DIKED DOWN] I'm out as a dyke, occasionally out with a dyke. What I do when I'm out on a dike can become your business once I write about it here.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Up Close and Personal

That's better, isn't it! I couldn't take too much more of myself with long hair, so it's about time I wrote something new and knocked the wig off the top spot.

In fact, I need to present my scalp to you, just to prove it's still there.

Well, if you're interested in my musings and how my mind ticks occasionally, here's something else you might want to read. I tell you, celebrating the eleventh anniversary of your relationship (as Andrea and I did on 8th October) really gets you thinking.

Thank goodness we're not the marrying kind, or we might have felt inclined to exchange gifts on a steel theme. Maybe we could do with a new kitchen sink, but it wouldn't have been top of my list. I am a bit disappointed now, however, to discover that I missed out on a pair of roller skates. Damn! If I was more aware of these anniversary metals/alloys, I could have dropped appropriate hints.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home